Monday 10 August 2009

a-ha @ The Roundhouse, 24th July 2009

Gig going can be a strange thing. This is what I was thinking as I was waiting for a delayed plane to take me back from Edinburgh to London to go to and see the band who were responsible for the first albums I ever owned on cassette.

Anyway, I got there just in time as German/Irish rock band Reamonn were taking to the stage. A bit heavy for my taste but they seemed to get the crowd going pretty well.

When the main event took to the stge I was surprised how good Morton still looked. And sounded to be fair. The set interspersed new material with old classics that sounded surprisingly fresh - the recent 80s revival has only served to make a-ha relevant again.



Cry Wolf and The Sun Always Shines on TV were hug highlights for me and although they made us wait until the encore for Take On Me it was really worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment