Sunday 4 October 2009

VV Brown @ GAP, 10th September 2009

I love a good freebie - and this was definitely a good one.

What's not to love - a free gig with free food and free beer in a pop up GAP store with discounted jeans. OK, so none of the jeans were really my size (actually they may have been but unfortunately I can't speak American) but everything else was excellent.



VV Brown is not only "up and coming" (although I would argue that she's not coming up as quickly as she deserves to) and also in to her fashion so she was a good choice for GAP to open up their temporary store just off Carneby Street. A small but perfectly formed set showed off her vocal talents a treat, and her bass player is fantastic. Nice little opportunity to mingle afterwards with the cool crowd even though I looked anything but, and VV gets more self assured every time I see her. And if you haven't already, you should see her too.

VV Brown's debut album, Travelling Like The Light, is available now.

No comments:

Post a Comment